Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can I name AFLAC as my Long-Term Care Insurance provider through payroll deduction?

I currently have Long-Term Care (LTC) Insurance through payroll deduction through my job. The insurance company selected is John Hancock. However, when looking at the coverage, they have a 90-day wait periord before benefits kick in. I was thinking of getting my own LTC insurance thorugh AFLAC instead as I understand they have a zero day wait period option. When talking to a person from AFLAC today, at first she said, they don't sell individual insurance, but only through work. She asked me what company I worked for. I told her and she said that she thinks AFLAC does business with my company and she'd get back to me.



About 30 minutes later, she called me and said, yes, AFLAC does and she can set me up for insurance with them through payroll deduction. I said, my company selected John Hancock. She said, that's still okay, I can still indirectly get insured by AFLAC through payroll deduction. Does that sound right? Has anyone at Yahoo Answers got AFLAC LTC this way? THX.